Blogging for review of many books....!!

The Won Thing: The "One" Secret to a Totally Fulfilling Life (Paperback)


Product Description
What is the “one” secret to a successful, fulfilling life? Don’t we all want to know just that?

Best-selling author and goal-achievement expert Peggy McColl spent many years pondering that question and searching for the answer. Her driving curiosity took her from inspirational books to self-help workshops and lectures, as she absorbed the best advice from dozens of highly successful people, each of whom had their own ideas about the “one” secret. Like many people who are searching for a sense of purpose, Peggy looked outside herself for guidance. She learned a great deal, creating a better life for herself as she applied the wise teachings of others, yet true happiness eluded her until she finally realized what it actually was: everything she needed to know was within her already!
In this fascinating book, Peggy shares the lessons she learned during her journey of self-discovery, and will also show you how to discover and realize your own dreams. Her intention is to awaken you to your innate ability to create and enjoy the secret recipe for fulfillment: your Won Thing!


About the Author
Peggy McColl is an internationally recognized expert in the area of destiny achievement whose purpose is to make a positive contribution to the lives of millions of others. She has been inspiring individuals, experts, professional athletes, and organizations to reach their potential for the past 25 years. She is the president and founder of Dynamic Destinies Inc., an organization committed to delivering sound principles for creating lasting and positive change. Peggy lives in Quebec, Canada, with her son, Michel, and her husband, Denis.

What's YOUR Personal Recipe for Success?, September 3, 2009
By Janet Boyer "JanetBoyer.com" (Pennsylvania)


"We have the ability to create the circumstances of our lives. We don't have complete control over everything, but we also aren't as powerless as we may think. If we're looking for someone to do the work of changing our lives for us, trust me, it's not going to happen. We've got to rescue ourselves." - From The Won Thing

Is there a universal "one thing" that can bring joy, satisfaction and purpose to our lives?

According to Peggy McColl, there isn't. However, in her newest book The Won Thing, she provides seven hard-won lessons that can--when combined in a personal recipe--promote balance, fulfillment, and growth.

Like all of Peggy's books, The Won Thing is (deceptively) simple, straightforward, engaging, and illuminating. You get the sense that she truly cares about people, desiring that her readers gain the clarity, tools and methods they need to live their best life.

Here are but a few gems that I particularly enjoyed (and highlighted!) from this 167-page book:

* "The reason so many of us don't know our ambitions is because we're often not encouraged to discover what will give us a sense of meaning and fulfillment."

* "Once you believe that answers and resources can show up in your life, they will: The universe works to mirror your beliefs. It will prove you right every time."

* "...If we're not aligned to our purpose and try to conform to someone else's idea of what will fulfill us, we'll lose sight of what we value and experience frustration when problems won't go away."

* "You can ask the universe for anything, but the question is: are you willing to do what it takes to get what you want? While hard work and sacrifice are necessities for achieving any goal, never allow yourself to abandon your family, health, or well-being to attain it. If an ambition requires that sort of sacrifice, it's probably rooted in self-critical sentiments..."

* "Having a sense of purpose is knowing that what you're doing at any time is in perfect alignment with who you are, your values, and visions--which gives you grounding and guidance."

* "...Your recipe is going to be true to your own unique feelings, beliefs, and values. It's important to always remember that there's more than one way to be spiritual, give in service to others, or do anything in life."

Peggy McColl is one of my favorite authors and I find myself recommending her books to my clients quite often. (In fact, every time she comes out with a new book and it crosses my desk, I drop what I'm reading/reviewing and read what she has to say pronto!) She teaches the principles of the Law of Attraction in a practical and reasonable way, emphasizing that action and mindfulness are key components to creating states of abundance, openness, optimism, and well-being.

Like her previous books, I highly recommend The Won Thing, especially for readers unfamiliar with her work. If you're feeling out of balance and are much too hard on yourself, strive for stratospheric perfection, give out of obligation, or expect to be rescued, you need this book.

Also, if you tend to react rather than act, assume good things only happens to others (and resent them when it does) or think there's a single magic formula that will drop in your lap, you would benefit greatly from Peggy's encouraging wisdom in The Won Thing.

-- Janet Boyer, author of Back in Time Tarot

The Game of Life, August 31, 2009
By Blanche (Ontario)


When I read Peggy's book, I realized I was not alone in my desire to find the one thing that would make my life more
fulfilling. It was also nice to have a roadmap right in front of me from someone I admire immensely. I knew I had to start somewhere and this book of knowledge has given me the necessary tools to carry forward. Most important, I learned the "won" thing I need to make my life more meaningful is unique to me - therefore; I am the only one who can achieve this for myself. Thank you, Peggy, for sharing your experience with me so that I could follow your path and be the person I want to be. The game of life is ever changing and I am pleased to follow whatever path I need to obtain the results that are best suited to me. Congratulations on another book well done.

0 comments: